Saturday, April 2, 2011

My little David Attenborough

I have a great Dad ,he has had a very positive influence on me and I am happy to say my little boys are picking up all the positive things I learned as a kid.My Dad took us on lots of walks, as kids we were often piled into the car at the weekends and driven off to some part of the Irish countryside.My Dad has enormous respect for nature and all things living.He cannot walk past a piece of trash without picking it up.I can remember having to sit through nature programs, David Attenboroughs being a big favourite in our house.So in a lot of ways I have grown up to enjoy the same things he does.
Well my eldest son Luca who is 7 ,is a lot like my Dad,he is fascinated about all things living.He has no fear when it comes to bugs and from an early age has loved to study and catch creatures .He loves nothing better then to inform his Mom on the differences between crickets and grasshoppers.While I like to admire things from afar, thanks to Luca we can get up close and personal! While I forbid him from taking anything to my bedroom ,I am really really happy he is growing up to respect our planet and all the living things we share it with.He gets that we are all connected in some way and I have my Dad to thank for that .Its the best gift of all 
 







Can I just note that everything in these pictures was released back into the wild unharmed.

1 comment:

  1. Luca was not one of the creatures released into the wild I should mention!!!

    ReplyDelete